MIEUX+ mobilises migration experts, mainly from EU Member States public administrations, offering a platform for hundreds of migration experts to exchange knowledge with their peers around the world. Since 2016, the pool of experts has diversified to include experts from other backgrounds and other regions of the world in order to respond to new needs and areas of migration.
MIEUX+ experts are at the heart of each Action. They share their experience and good practices, while offering support and interacting as a team with their counterparts. Between 2009 and 2019, 340 experts have taken part in Actions worldwide, supporting the formulation of public policies, conducting training programmes, and enabling knowledge exchange between public institutions worldwide. 97% value their experience with MIEUX+ as beneficial to their careers.
Interviews with former experts help to give interested parties an idea about the nature of the work and the advantages of participating in the Actions.
Benefits of participating in MIEUX+
- Expanding cooperation networks at national and international levels
- Exposure to new professional environments
- Strengthening peer-to-peer and triangular cooperation
- Acquiring first-hand experience of migration management
- Flexibility in experts’ recruitment to best accommodate their institutional procedures
Financial/contextual support for the experts
- Experts are granted a fixed expert fee, a daily subsistence allowance and are covered by travel insurance
- International travel is arranged and paid for
- Experts are supported by the MIEUX team throughout all stages of deployment
Visit our FAQs to know more about the general terms of employment.