Based on the partner country’s request, a set of various activities is chosen. The main priorities and needs of the partner country are taken into account, while ensuring the complementarity of MIEUX’s intervention to ongoing and past projects on migration issues in the country or region.
MIEUX strengthens partner countries’ capacities to manage migration by mobilising experts and fostering cooperation and coordination.
MIEUX offers a broad menu of activities, such as:
Peer-to-peer approach for capacity building
- Assistance in developing policies and strategies, standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Support in drafting training curricula, handbooks and organising training of trainer sessions
- Support in the development of migration data management systems
- Information sessions in all areas of migration
- Exchange of good examples from EU Member States in all areas of migration
- Study tours to EU Member States
- Support of triangular cooperation between EU Member State, partner country and another developing country if needed
- Networking activities for migration practitioners to support coherence and synergies
- Peer-to-peer exchange as a first contact for a lasting partnership between countries
- Regional Actions fostering regional integration and cooperation
- Bringing together actors from local, national and regional level