MIEUX, as part of ICMPD, is committed to compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data. All staff and contractors are thus required to comply with the following data protection principles.
Data protection principles
Personal data shall be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate business purposes only based on considerations of organisational need and the needs and interests of the data subject. Only data relevant for the specific purpose and for which active consent was obtained may be collected and processed.
- All personal data shall be processed in a fair and transparent manner.
- All personal data shall be accurate and be kept up to date. When found to be inaccurate it shall be corrected as soon as possible.
- Personal data shall only be used for the specified purpose for which active consent was obtained.
- Personal data which is no longer used for the specified purpose or is known to be inaccurate shall be deleted/destructed or, where deletion is not feasible, access must be restricted so that no one apart from those responsible for technical maintenance of the space it is saved
- While business contacts are available to all staff and made available to implementing partners, beneficiaries and contractors as required, access to private and sensitive data is restricted to persons who need access for carrying out their respective function for as long as they carry out this function based on a secure authentication mechanism including strong passwords.
- Processing activities of personal data owned by ICMPD may only be performed by external parties based on the conclusion of a binding written contract that sets out the purpose and duration of the processing and ensures that the processor meets technical and organisational requirements to ensure the effective protection of the rights of the concerned data subjects.
MIEUX website and newsletter
MIEUX is committed to safeguarding the privacy of the users of the MIEUX website (www.mieux-initiative.eu) and newsletter while aiming to provide a user-friendly and valuable service. Personal information is only collected via registration forms with the requirement of an explicit written consent for ICMPD to process and/or use any personal data in the manner and for the purpose described below in this privacy notice.
During a visit to the website and use of the newsletter tool, the following types of information are collected: browsing patterns, website preferences, and location of the user.
This information is only used in aggregate forms: statistical reports on the number of monthly visits, typical user paths, etc. These reports are used:
- to monitor the use of the website
- to identify audience profiles
- to support strategic planning
- to support the creation of targeted content
Newsletter usage monitoring is personalised in order to support the evaluation and improvement of ICMPD’s services based on the interest in specific policy topics by individual target groups. The data is saved on the server of our web-based e-mailing system by Cleverreach whose servers are based in the EU guaranteeing the best possible data protection to ICMPD. Please see Cleverreach’s data protection policy here for more details: www.cleverreach.com/en/data-security
MIEUX processes personal information collected via its website and newsletter tool solely for communication purposes of the organisation. Only authorised staff members bound by the General Data Protection Regulation have access to the information and it will not be shared with any third parties. ICMPD uses secure data networks that are protected by firewall, mal-ware and password protection systems that are consistent with industry standards.
Google Analytics Disclaimer
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first
Experts in the Expert Action Roster- Special Terms and Conditions for Personal Data
Users will provide personal data for purposes of registration and as Expert in the MIEUX Expert and Action Roster (EAR) Database and to receive email communications from MIEUX.
Users are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of their personal data, including contact details provided to MIEUX.
The use of personal data in the Database is not intended to limit the rights of the personal data owners to access, rectify and delete their personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- Processing of personal data
Users’ personal data are collected and further processed only to the extent necessary for registration and use of the Database. The Database is administrated and operated by ICMPD under the responsibility of the Controller, the European Commission.
ICMPD, the European Commission and the ICMPD Contractor are legally bound to comply with the applicable legislation on the protection and processing of personal data, and more specifically with Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- Access to personal data and purpose
Only MIEUX and the European Commission have access to personal data of the Users recorded in the Database. All Database users have access to their personal data recorded in the Database and can modify their profile as needed.
The Database is stored on the server of an ICMPD contractor. The name of the ICMPD Contractor shall be provided to users upon request. Users have no administration rights to modify or delete the data stored at the data centre located in ATW Dataland, 1132 Budapest, Victor Hugo u. 11-15. If Users wish to modify or delete their personal
2. Protection and safeguard of personal data
Access to personal data is provided only based on due authentication through user ID and password.
ICMPD and its contractors use technical infrastructure protected against unauthorised access and
3. Retention of personal data
All personal data received and stored shall be erased upon request. Otherwise, Experts´ personal data shall remain visible in the Database only to authorised personnel.